The Home Care Department of Saint Francis Hospital can provide a variety of home health services coordinated with your physician and his or her treatment plan for you right in the comfort of your own home. Care is coordinated to fit your special needs. Emphasis is on healing current conditions and educating you and your family on how to most effectively care for chronic conditions.
- Home care nursing
- Personal care
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Medical social services
- Medication management and education
- Intravenous therapy
- Comprehensive wound care in coordination with Saint Francis Hospital Wound Care Center
- New mother/baby home evaluation and care education
- Vital-Stim swallowing therapy by our certified speech pathologist
- Laboratory tests
- 24-hour on-call service with visits available on weekends and holidays
- Coordination with physicians
- Medicare-covered routine and non-routine medical supplies
- Continuity of care from hospital to home
- Diabetic education
- Skilled nursing for infusion services including care of peripheral lines
- Assistance with insurance coordination
- Congestive heart failure program
- Pre-operative joint surgery assessment and post-operative joint care
- Outpatient speech, language and swallowing program
The Home Care Department accepts referrals from physicians’ offices, outpatient services, patients, their families and other sources. If you are uncertain whether your needs qualify for services, a home evaluation may be arranged.
A wide range of third-party providers, as well as Medicare and Medicaid, cover home health services. For more information, please call the Saint Francis Home Care Department at 302.575.8240 or ask your physician.